Your dispensary POS software can greatly impact your employee’s productivity and your customer’s experience. Make the most of every sale by choosing software that works for you. Clearly, your POS software should help you manage your cash flow and keep your sale records. In addition to those basic functions, here are four things your cannabis POS software must have to help you maximize your cannabis dispensaries potential.
Ease of Use
For any software to be used to its maximum potential, it must be user-friendly. Your POS system should be easy for your budtenders to access. Your budtenders should be able to quickly log in, scan items, input a customer’s loyalty number, and complete a sale. In addition, you should be able to input the day’s or week’s promotions so that your customers are always being charged appropriately.
To determine how your day is going, you’ll likely want to check sales hourly. Your POS should offer up-to-the-minute reporting so you can quickly access your current sales numbers and determine how much you’ve made in a given day or hour, how many units you’ve sold, and which items are selling best. This can help you better manage your inventory and help you determine where your sales efforts should be focused.
Real-time Inventory Management
Any time a customer us rung up, your system should automatically amend your inventory numbers so your inventory is up to date. This is especially important for dispensaries that offer online sales.
Cannabis regulations vary from state to state. Thankfully, to make it easier on your budtenders, some POS software automatically ensure that each sale is compliant with the regulations in your state.
Additional Dispensary POS Software Capabilities
If you’re looking to do even more with your marijuana point of sale software, these features may help you streamline your operations or expand your dispensary.
- Seed-to-Sale: Use just one program to do, well, everything. Track your cannabis from its nascent stage until it walks away with a happy client. According to HuffPost, seed-to-sale is transforming the cannabis industry.
- Integrated Rewards Program: Make every sale simpler with loyalty program integration and tracking.
- Staff Management Features: Have your budtenders clock in and out and request time off directly from your POS software. Plus, run reports on their sales and productivity.
- Patient Management: Keep your patient info and sales data in one place, reducing your software needs.
- E-commerce Capabilities: Looking to make online sales or order deliveries? Some cannabis POS software systems offer e-commerce solutions to help you sell online.
- Marketing: Send emails and texts right from your POS software, sharing the latest news and deals with your customers.
Ultimately, the marijuana dispensary POS software you choose should help you manage both front end and back end operations to help you extract value, minimize redundancy, and maximize growth.
Request a Demo
Ready to implement Dispensary POS software for your business? Fill out the form below and we will be in touch with our best recommendation so you can streamline your dispensary for maximum efficiency and regulatory compliance!